Sunday, March 8, 2015

Infertility and Hope




Cory and I on our "Due Date" for our lost little one.
 We sent balloons off  and had some closure.
Family and Friends,

Many of you know from social media or the grape vine that Cory and I have been trying to start our family for the past 16 months. We successfully got pregnant May 2014. Unfortunately we lost the pregnancy July 2014. It was devastating news to receive. It tested our love, testimonies and patience. We decided to go see if we could get some help for our trying to conceive journey. We were brought to the Reproductive Care Center (RCC) in Sandy. After a few months of testing we found out that there were some pretty major complications. I had been diagnosed earlier, about 18 years old, with Endometriosis, a medical problem that can cause infertility. The RCC confirmed that although I had my endometriosis cauterized during a previous surgery, it had come back in full force. This time I was told I had grown and Endometrial cyst around my left ovary causing my egg quality and count to be low in count and not good in quality. I also was told 2 hormones I have, one is too low and one is too high, can cause major problems conceiving while also giving us thousand dollar premiums in our next step to get pregnant. Our doctor told us that we are looking at 1 maybe 2 children and then surgery to take out my uterus. This was a huge shocker for me as we had decided to have 4 children. Endometriosis grows back and gets worse, hence the major surgery. Cory was diagnosed with Morphology, which is when the semen are shaped incorrectly, which causes miscarriage. The doctor then told us it was a miracle we got pregnant in the first place. He gave us a 3% chance of pregnancy on our own and then suggested that we move on to the next step to get pregnant. Our next step is IVF, In-vitro Fertilization. The procedure is upwards of $30,000…
We are seeking grants, selling things, and saving up as much money as possible. We luckily had the opportunity to sell our house and get some money from that, but it is still too low to pay fully for the IVF treatment. We could use some prayers from our family and friends. We are going to be doing a garage/yard sale sometime this spring. If anyone has any donations of things we could sell, we would appreciate it. We are also doing a 5K run in August and for each person that registers in our name, we get 1 entry into a $5,000 grant drawing. We could use as many people there or as many people to buy an entry to the drawing as we can get. If you want to be apart of that I will send out an email with more info later in the year. Give me your contact info and I will send you more details later.
We will also be doing a family fast for the day of our “Egg Retrieval”. It is on April 1 2015 and the fast is for my surgery I must undergo to retrieve the eggs and fertilize them.
This has been such a trying time for Cory and I. I personally have never felt more embarrassed and broken in my whole life. However, we know that our Heavenly Father has blessed us with one child and is taking care of him/her until we can see him/her again. We also know the he has a bigger picture and a better plan for Cory and I. We are so thankful families are forever and we appreciate the love and support that is constantly surrounding us. We thank you for any help, love, participation, etc. for us. It truly means the world.
Cory and Jess
“Let your hope make you glad. Be patient in time of trouble and never stop praying”
Romans 12:12

No comments:

Post a Comment